Bail Bonds at the Santa Rita Jail
Fremont Bail Bond blog on bad advice.
There are some pretty smart people out there who have gave or will be giving some bad advice. Most people don't know how to give advice and are not qualified to give it. The times when you think you are hearing someones advice, what may be happening is, they are trying to sell you something. They also could be trying to get you to do something for them, that may not be in your best interest.
- "This 'telephone' has too many shortcomings to be seriously considered as a means of communication. The device is inherently of no value to us." -- Western Union internal memo, 1876.
- "The Americans have need of the telephone, but we do not. We have plenty of messenger boys." -- Sir William Preece, chief engineer of the British Post Office, 1876.
- "Who the hell wants to hear actors talk?" -- H. M. Warner, Warner Brothers, 1927.
- "There is no reason anyone would want a computer in their home." -- Ken Olson, president, chairman and founder of Digital Equipment Corp., 1977.
- Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer, 2007. "There is no chance that the I-phone will gain any market share. No chance."
- Thomas Edison, 1889. The lightbulb inventor insisted his own direct current (DC) system was superior to competitor George Westinghouse’s AC power, and took every opportunity to discredit alternating current.
I recall sitting in a meeting circa 1990's when the CEO of the company (A fortune 500 company at the time) stated in front of the whole company, "It will be a cold day in hell before a consumer sees one of our products." We were working on cellar technology at the time, he killed the project and sold off what was left of it to another company. I remember turning to the person next to me and stating, "Get out the hammer and put another nail in the coffin, he's killing us." It was at this time that I started looking at what I wanted to do for work. I was done working for someone else. I was through working for the "man" doing the 9-5. I had to find something else. What was out there for me to make a living at?
When you hear something that you don't think is quite right, listen, that is your cue to start thinking on your own and develop your own plan. A time for change. Working your own plan, your find that work is so much more enjoyable finishing the week with energy instead of the drained, "thank God it's Friday" feeling at the end of the week.
When someone states, "you can't do that?" "You're not good enough or qualified etc - It will be up to you to believe them or not. Either way, you will be right. So I ask you, "Do you want to listen to the so called experts on your life or yourself?" After all, who knows you better than you do?
At 510 Bail Bond we believe in your Freedom.
Working for yourself is not for everyone. Some people like working for others and are well paid for it. There is nothing wrong with that, if that is your plan. I have people calling me from time to time asking, "Who does your marketing?" Or they may ask, "Can I speak with the person in charge of marketing for your company." Marketing - This would lead into another blog for another time - until then, stay true to your plan and if you find yourself in need of bail, well there is always.... 510 Bail Bond.
Bail - It's what we do.